How to Get Better Gas Mileage
With the price of gas continuing to rise we have many customers that ask how to improve their gas mileage. There are many ways to get more miles per gallon in your current vehicle. If you want to get better gas mileage use these suggestions.
- Slow Down. According to fueleconomy.gov, for every five miles per hour that exceed 50 mph, drivers pay an equivalent of about 22 cents more for each gallon of gas. We know that driving fast is the New Mexico way but if you take your foot off the pedal just a little bit you can improve your fuel economy.
- Don’t Burn Rubber. It seems like we are taking all the fun out of driving but fast starts use fuel. If you can avoid treating stoplights like a drag race and floor it when the light turns green you can save gas.
- Check Your Tires. Underinflated and worn tires can waste gas. Make sure and check your tire inflation and make sure your tires are in good condition and are the right tires for your vehicle and you will get better gas mileage.
- Check Your Check Engine Light. If your vehicle has a Check Engine light on it may indicate conditions that will decrease your fuel economy. Computer sensors that control the mixture of air and fuel that are not working correctly can have a huge impact on your gas mileage.
- Change Your Transmission Fluid and Engine Oil. The condition of your engine oil and transmission fluid is important to check and change when necessary. Driving around with dirty fluids can decrease your fuel economy and also shorten the life of your vehicle. You don’t want to do that, it’s expensive and just not nice to your car.
Melloy Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram in Los Lunas, New Mexico has a great service department that will help you make sure you are getting the best gas mileage possible. You can schedule a visit online for our certified technicians to inspect your vehicle and give you our suggestions. Use this link for the online scheduler https://www.melloycjdr.com/online-service-scheduler/
We also have many vehicles that are rated over 30 miles per gallon, so if you just want to dump that gas guzzler we can help with that too.
0 comment(s) so far on How to Get Better Gas Mileage